| Known as the anti-aging fruit, Goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A and C, amino acids, potassium, iron, zinc, and more. Goji berries (Lycium barbarum) have long been recognized for their medicinal benefits in Far East medicine. These high quality dried berries may help enhance the immune system, protect your eyesight and improve liver function. |
Goji Berry Nutrients
The evidence shows that nutrients in Goji berries improve cell communication and have antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties. These substances have been shown to increase mitochondrial function and detoxification. It has also been shown that nutrient dense foods such as Goji berries are far superior to supplementation with isolated nutrients contained in juices, capsules or tablets.
The nutritional composition in Goji berry (in100g)
Enjoy Goji Berries
1) Snacking delight - Dried goji berries have a mild sweetness and are slightly chewy, which makes them perfect for snacking. These super berries are ready to be enjoyed straight out of the bag! You can also add them to trail mix with other dried fruit and nuts.
2) Teas, smoothies & other beverages - Reconstitute goji berries by soaking them in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes, until they become plump and chewy. When the goji berry is reconstituted, it takes on a hearty sweetness and is wonderful in beverages.
3) Breakfast foods - Mix goji berries in oatmeal or cereal for an energizing boost. Layer them in yogurt for a new kind of parfait. Goji berries are also a delicious addition to granola bars and baked goods.
4) Soups & salads - Dried goji berries are commonly used in Chinese herbal soups to boost the nutrient content. You can add them to your own soups and broths. Alternatively, toss them over salads for a nice crunch.
5) Grain dishes - Add dried goji berries to quinoa, rice, couscous, and other grain recipes. The super-berries lend little bursts of nutrition and sweetness to your dishes. Buy goji berries in bulk so that you’ll have plenty to incorporate into your favorite foods.
Goji Health Benefits
1) Anti-Aging Superfood - Goji berries are considered the world's most powerful anti-aging food. They're rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Antioxidants fight free radical damage associated with diseases and premature aging. Dried goji berries contain 3x the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2) Protect Eyesight - Goji berries contain two key nutrients that support vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Studies show that consuming high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin lowers the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and other eye diseases.
3) Promote Skin Health - The vitamins in dried goji berries can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. The rich content of vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc naturally occurring in goji berries helps to improve skin tone and texture. Research suggests that vitamin C and zinc act as antioxidants to lessen the harmful effects of UV radiation on the skin.
4) Boosts Immune System - Goji berries contain even more vitamin C per 100g than oranges. They are also high in the trace element selenium, which fights bacterial and viral infections. Adding a small handful of dried goji berries to hot teas or soups isn’t a bad idea when the cold and flu season hits.
5) Good Source of Amino Acids - Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids to build the proteins it needs. Since we cannot synthesize essential amino acids from scratch, we must obtain them through our diet.
6) Liver & Kidney Benefits - A compound found in goji berries called betaine, is used by the liver to produce choline. Choline supports the liver and kidneys by helping them expel toxins and waste from the body.
Goji Berries history
Goji berries have been in use for at least the last 1,700 years. They have become a staple in not only in Eastern cuisine, but also Eastern medicine.
In Chinese mythology, goji berries are known as the fruit of immortality. Even today, Chinese medicine uses goji berries to treat the liver, immune system, circulation problems, and more.
Known as: Goji Berry, Goji Berries, Gojiberry, Gojiberries, Western Snowberries, Wolfberry, Wolfberries, Wolf Berry, and Wolf Berries
Storage Situation&Shle life
Stored in a cool and dry wellclosed container and in ventilated area, kept away from moisture and strong light or high
temperature. Two years under well Storage situation and stored away from direct sun light.
Dried Goji Berry
Thank you for opening this page.If you are interested in Dried Goji berry and want to know more, please contact me at your early convenience, thank you!We trust that our experience in foreign trade and proficient knowledge of Goji berry(Chinese wolfberry)-Chinese herbal medicine will enable us to meet your actual requirements.
Goji berries nutrients improve cell communication and have antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties. These substances have been shown to increase mitochondrial function and detoxification. It has also been shown that nutrient dense foods such as Goji berries are far ...
Ningxia A Grade 550 Dried Goji berry Exported dried fruit Goji berry Health fruit Chines wolfberry Goji berry are naturally rich in antioxidant carotenoids, vitamin A, and Zeaxanthin. They contain B-complex vitamins, Vitamin C, and important polysaccharides. These special ...
Goji berries have a natural tinge of sweetness with a very slight herb-like aftertaste. They also contain tiny seeds (which contain fibre) that add a nice texture to your meals. You can eat them raw or soak them in hot water before munching. Others prefer adding goji berries to ...
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine theory-TCM theory and practice, wolfberry can act on both the “liver channel” and the “kidney channel,” and the major health benefits of wolfberry are its ability to nourish and tonify liver and kidney, improve jing ( the basic ...